Bake two cakes using this Recipe but adding a small amount of yellow to one
batter and red to the other batter.
Cut the cakes into equal strips
1. buttercream one edge of pink cake strip
2. place on top of yellow cake strip
3. repeat step 1 & 2 for remaining cake strips
4. buttercream top face of paired cake strips
5. place remaining pair of cake strips on top make sure the colours are diagonal
Roll out some marzipan to approx 1mm thinkness and coat with apricot jam. Lay the
cake on the marzipan and roll until it covers the outside.